I am super excited to have my friend Ginny from Vegan in the Freezer guest post today. Some of you may already follow her and know that her recipes are amazing and also very easy! She is sharing her Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili with you today. One can never have too many slow cooker recipes right? So here you go!
Do you want a great tasting slow cooker dinner for pennies? Something with lots of spices for all kinds of flavor? Well, Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili is it! Some days, in fact many days, it is so nice to be able to drop a mix of ingredients into a crock-pot and be on your way. In the winter it helps warm the house and in the summer you can put your slow cooker on the patio and dine al fresco.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
Guest Post: Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili!
- 1 pound bag of black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Diced Tomatoes or 3 1/2 cups homemade diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces of Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 cup water
- The night before put the beans in a large stock pot and cover with water by about 3 inches.
- The next morning, drain the beans and throw the water away.
- Put the beans in your Slow Cooker
- Add the onion and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and the water.
- Stir well.
- Cover and turn on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Or if you want it faster you can cook on high for 4 hours.
Ginny writes the blog Vegan in the Freezer. Follow her to get more delicious and freezer friendly meal ideas.
Vegan in the Freezer on Facebook
Vegan in the Freezer on Pinterest
16 thoughts to “Guest Post: Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili”