This pumpkin coconut curry is a little on the rich side, but it is good! We have been wanting to do a curry recipe for a while and when we had some leftover coconut milk this week, we knew we had to try. It is really yummy!
This pumpkin coconut curry is great for this time of year. Especially if you have leftover pumpkin in the freezer like we do. We roasted the girls HUGE pumpkin from Halloween and will be eating it for a while. It will warm you up on a cold day. which we happen to be having right now. It makes a lot too!
Pumpkin Coconut Curry
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 T mirin
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1 to 2 pinches red pepper flakes (add more for spice if you want)
- 1 to 2 pinches dried mint leaves
- salt to taste
- Add coconut oil, onion, and carrots and red pepper flakes in pan and lightly saute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add coconut milk, veggie broth, and pumpkin and let it sit for about five minutes.
- Add everything else, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- We added baked tofu to ours, but you could add in your favorite protein instead.
It’s also very good served over black rice. Enjoy!