Before becoming vegan back in May, I really loved me some pasta with alfredo sauce. So, of course I had to come up with a vegan friendly version! This is so good that even omnivores can enjoy it too.
The avocado gives it the creamy texture that you get with a traditional alfredo. When it comes to food, avocado makes everything better. 🙂 There is actually a little sauce left over that you can use a healthy dip for your veggies. This dish is one of the quickest meals I have made so far.
Avocado Alfredo Pasta
Vegan Avocado Alfredo
- 1 box pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- 1 large avocado
- 2 cups unsweetened non dairy milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 T nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according the box instructions.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. I used a vitamix.
- Pour 2 cups of sauce over the pasta. That’s it.
19 thoughts to “Vegan Avocado Alfredo”