Next, I think I might try some hazelnut milk. I filled these cookies using my Homemade Vegan Nutella. I love thumbprint cookies. You can really go in some many directions.
Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
Yields 16 cookies
15 minPrep Time
13 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T milk (I used almond milk )
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the blender or food processor grind the almonds and oats after measuring.
- When they are the consistency of flour, add them to a bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and stir until everything is combined.
- Roll dough into balls and place on the baking sheet .
- Once all the balls are rolled, flatten each one with your palm.
- Use your thumb to make an indent into the cookie. This is a job I let my three year old do.
- Fill each hole with the homemade nutella or whatever other filling you desire.
- Bake for about 13 minutes. Enjoy!