Summer is here and who doesn’t like a frozen treat? I already have several up in my recipe index. This pina colada ice cream is just a perfect addition. The taste of pina colada reminds me of when I lived in Las Vegas. We would go to the resort pool parties and sip on pina coladas. Super yummy. I found this recipe initially at The Midnight Baker’s website. She made them into popsicles, but I turned them into ice cream. You could do either.
If you don’t have an ice cream machine, you can make them into popsicles
or smoothie pops. Any way will work great! We received a pineapple and some vanilla beans in our co-op basket so I used them in this recipe.
Pina Colada Ice Cream
Yields 4-5 cups
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 can coconut milk (I used Thai Organic)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 vanilla bean (whole) 1tsp extract would work well too.
- 3 cups pineapple diced
- 2 T liquid sweetener (optional)
- Throw all the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 90 seconds. Take a taste. It will be slightly tart. I liked it that way.
- You can also add 2 T of maple syrup or honey to sweeten it more if you like. I did not add any sweetener to mine.
- Pour contents into ice pop molds or an ice cream machine . Mine took about 20 minutes in the machine.
- The ice cream will come out like soft serve. If you prefer a harder ice cream, place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to firm up. Enjoy!