This Mixed Berry Parfait is out of this world. I have been wanting to do a parfait for a while now. Who doesn’t like a parfait?
Creamy and delicious with juicy berries in every bite. Since we are in the midst of spring, I felt a mixed berry parfait was in order.
Food photography can be tough sometimes. Here I thought I was putting everything in so carefully, but it still didn’t come out with the beautiful layers. Live and learn I guess.
I promise you that this mixed berry parfait is delicious! I made the nuts ahead of time. If you don’t like pecans, you can probably use another nut in it’s place.
The vanilla bean cream is to die for! I felt that it really didn’t need any sweetener. The vanilla beans give it a hint of sweetness. Also, if you are not a fan of coconut milk, you can probably use heavy whipping cream in place of it.
Here is a quick video on how to make the coconut whip cream. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Mixed Berry Parfait
Mixed Berry Parfait
A lighter dessert perfect for spring!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix the pecans, maple syrup and salt. Make sure everything is coated well.
- Spread the nuts onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, stopping halfway through to shake the pan. Let the nuts cool.
- Make sure your un-opened can of coconut milk has been chilling overnight in the fridge. Open the can and scoop out the fatty white part. Put it in a mixing bowl with the vanilla. Using a whipping attachment, whip the coconut into a cream. This should take a few minutes.
- Once the coconut milk is whipped into a cream, you are ready to assemble the parfaits.
- I started with a layer of cream, then a layer of nuts , more cream, and top it with fruit. You can really assemble them any way you like. I also think these would be just as good without the the nuts.
These parfaits will probably keep 4 days in the fridge. More if you keep the fruit and cream separate until you are ready to eat them. Enjoy!