I picked up some dried cherries the other day and that is how I had the inspiration to make these cherry energy bites.
These healthy energy bites would make a great pre or post workout snack. In fact I just had a couple of them after my yoga class.
These cherry chocolate energy bites are vegan and gluten free. If you wanted to make them grain free, you might be able to use sunflower seeds in place of the oats.
This no bake recipe is super easy to make! It’s a great recipe to do with your young kids.
Cherry Chocolate Energy Bites
Yields 16 bite sized balls
A healthy no bake recipe your kids will love!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 T dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , combine the oats, sea salt, almond butter and maple syrup. Grind for a minute.
- Then add the dried cherries and chocolate chips and continue to pulse a few more times.
- Roll into balls. The mixture will seem loose, but I promise it firms up in the fridge.
- Place the balls on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet .
- When all the balls are rolled, place them in the fridge to firm up. It shouldn't take long. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
- Keep these bites stored in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage!
If you don't want to use cherries, you can use another dried fruit of your choice. If you have a nut allergy, feel free to use sunflower butter. It think that should work well too. Enjoy!