I have been craving scones for while now. These were so delicious and I can see so many variations on this recipe in the future.
I deviated from the original recipe a bit, and I think it came out great! If you enjoy blueberry recipes this time of year, you may also like my Blueberries and Cream Popsicles or my Banana Blueberry Muffins.
I love almond extract, so I try and add it whenever I can. I went so well in these blueberry almond scones.
I also made mine vegan by using flax eggs. I loved that the original recipe called for cashews as a base. You all know I love making all my flourless cookie recipes with cashews!
I hope you enjoy it this as well.
Blueberry Almond Scones
Yields 8 slices
Delicious Blueberry Almond Scones that are vegan, gluten free and paleo!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans (extract will work too)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (frozen, thawed may work too)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , process the cashews into a powder.
- Add them to a bowl with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl , mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined. I did this by hand with a spatula .
- Line an 8 inch round pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into slices. I used a pizza cutter to cut mine.
- Store the scones in the fridge. They should last about 2 weeks that way. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from here .