I have a new snack idea for you today. This one is No Bake Oat Bars. For this recipe, I was inspired by my homemade nutri-grain bars.
I wanted to make a similar recipe that requires less work and ingredients. This easy oat bar recipe only call for a few simple ingredients. I love that. So you probably have the ingredients to make them already. You can use whatever flavor jam you like.
This recipe is also nut free. If you like fruit bars, you may also like my blueberry oat bars.
In addition to being nut free, these bars are also oil free, vegan and gluten free. You can make them up in minutes. They also freeze well, so make a big batch if you like.
No Bake Oat Bars
No Bake Oat Bars
Only a few simple ingredients to make these healthy bars!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 15 Medjool dates , pits removed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt to taste
- Jam of choice (I used raspberry)
- In a food processor , add the oats, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Pulse a few times.
- Then add the dates and pulse another few times.
- Add some water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough starts to come together.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the filling into the bottom of the pan. Press down hard with your palms so it packs tight.
- Spread some jam over the mixture. Make sure you leave about 1/2 inch around the border.
- Lastly, pack the remaining mixture on top of the jam layer. Pack this layer down tight as well.
- Place in the fridge to firm up. Only a few minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into bars and store in an airtight container. These should last a few weeks in the fridge.
10 thoughts to “No Bake Oat Bars (Vegan and Gluten Free)”