I know that life moves fast and a lot of time you don’t have the time to whip up an elaborate dinner. Instead of ordering a pizza, try making your own flat bread one. It’s super easy.
When I was in high school, I worked at a pizza restaurant. They used to let us make a small pizza to take home after our shift. We used to get creative with the toppings. I think I made a steak and cheese pizza once. On slow nights we used to make fried dough. It was fun and yummy. Probably not too healthy though. 🙂 Now, every time I smell takeout, it reminds me of that time.
Quick Flat Bread Pizza
Thinking of Takeout? Try This Pizza!
For the pizza
- Whole grain flat bread
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 bunch baby spinach
- 1/4 cup daiya cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup almonds (I use almonds because pine nuts are so expensive)
- 3-4 garlic cloves rough chopped
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Grind the almonds up a bit in the food processor first.
- Then add the basil, parsley, nutritional yeast and garlic.
- As you process those, drizzle in the oil until everything is well mixed.
For the pizza
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take the whole grain flat bread and brush it with oil and bake it for about 7 minutes.
- Pull the flat bread out and spread on the pesto sauce, add the mushrooms, spinach and tomato and cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until the flat bread looks crispy.
- Cut up and enjoy!