This recipe is my husband’s creation. Like I’ve said before, he’s more the fan of tex-mex food than I am. I mean, I like it as long as it is not too spicy. He loves to load on the hot sauce. 🙂 Most canned re-fried beans have that gross metallic aftertaste as only canned products do not to mention preservatives to keep it shelf-stable. This homemade refried bean recipe is far tastier and better for you!
In addition to this yummy recipe, he also created a homemade fajita seasoning. If you didn’t know (I didn’t until recently), most store bought spice mixes contain MSG. Yuck! It is pretty easy (and much cheaper), to make your own. If you are interested in his other recipes, click here and here. This would go great with my Homemade Tortilla Chips!
Homemade Re Fried Beans with Fajita Seasoning
Homemade Re Fried Beans With Homemade Fajita Seasoning
Homemade Re Fried Beans
- 2 cups beans that were soaked overnight, and then boiled until soft. You can also use canned beans.
- 1/4 cup yellow onions rough chopped
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 T oil of choice, I used walnut oil
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- In a pan, saute the onion with the oil for about five minutes or until nice and soft.
- Add the beans and the seasoning into pan and saute for another five or so.
- Remove from heat, and put contents in the food processor.
- Add water and blend until smooth. That’s it.