I just loved roasted chickpeas. They make such a healthy snack and can be done sweet or savory as you have seen in my maple cinnamon roasted chickpeas and my smokey roasted chickpeas. When my husband made homemade sriracha a few weeks ago, I instantly knew I wanted to try sriracha roasted chickpeas.
These don’t end up as spicy as sriracha is. The sweetness comes through more, but with a little kick. This healthy snack is vegan and gluten free. Also a great alternative to those who have nut allergies. If you want a sweet version of the roasted chickpeas, you can check out this video.
Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
A sweet and spicy snack!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If you are using canned beans, drain, rinse and pat dry.
- In a bowl , mix all the ingredients well.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stopping to shake them around every 10 minutes or so.
- If the chickpeas are not fully roasted after 40 minutes, turn down the heat to 225 and cook a bit longer.
Please store these in an airtight container. If you scatter some rice at the bottom of the container, it will help absorb extra moisture and keep the chickpeas from getting soft. I think they should last 4-5 days, but mine never make it that far!