Minestrone Soup. I just love soups. If you have been reading this blog for awhile now, then I am sure you have realized that. This slow cooker soup is my latest recipe.
I also created a post recently including 6 Healthy and Filling Soups. I will probably have to add this slow cooker minestrone to it.
This healthy and hearty soup is hearty and filling and it was perfect for the chilly day we had inTexas yesterday. Soups are great because they are very budget friendly. They also freeze well, so soups are great for batch cooking.
Looking for more soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
- Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker White Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
We also shot a short video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, please subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes or 3.5 cups homemade diced tomatoes
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1.5 cups green beans chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 1/2 T fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano (I used dried)
- 2 cups pasta (I used quinoa pasta )
- In a food processor , chop the carrots, onion and celery fine.
- Throw that mixture and all the other ingredients except the pasta in the crock pot .
- Cook on high for the first hour, then turn to low and cook for a few more hours.
- Add the pasta in for the last 20 minutes of cooking and test a piece before you turn the crock pot off.
We got about 6 good size servings out of this recipe.
17 thoughts to “Minestrone Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)”