Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars

Have you seen the limited edition larabar?  Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars.  As soon as I heard about them, I had to create a homemade version.  If you like my Coconut Cream Larabars, you will love these Pineapple Larabars as well!

They are no bake, vegan, gluten free and paleo.  Whip them up in minutes. If you like these, you may also like this post.


Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars - My Whole Food Life


These did not last long in our house!  I suggest doubling the batch and freezing some.  If you have a nut allergy, you can probably use sunflower seeds in place of the cashews.  That would make them lunchbox friendly too. 🙂

Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars

Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars

Prep Time 15 min Serves 10 bars or 18 squares     adjust servings

A healthy snack that tastes like dessert!



  1. In a food processor , grind up the cashews for a minute. Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
  2. Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper. Press dough into the baking dish . The dough is thick and sticky and sometimes wetting a spatula helps. If you prefer, you can roll these into bite sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
  3. Once the dough is in the baking dish, transfer it to the fridge to set. It should not take long at all.
  4. Once the bars are firm, use a pizza cutter to cut into bars. Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last several weeks that way. You can also freeze them for much longer. Enjoy!


Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars

Join more than 35,000 subscribers and start gettiing free recipes direct to your inbox!

You may also like

36 thoughts to “Pineapple Coconut Cake Larabars”

  1. I have a question about the dried pineapple. The only type I can find is always sweetened with sugar. Is there a brand that doesn't add any sugar to their dried pineapple? Which do you use and where do you find it?
    1. I buy a dried pineapple that has been sweetened with fruit. I get it at Natural Grocers. I think Eden Foods makes some too.
  2. Totally making a batch of these tonight since I just ate my last one from the store. Seriously my new favorite flavor. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
    1. With a serving of 10 - 2g of protein according to my fitness pal. According to My fitness Pal Nutrition Facts Servings 10.0 Amount Per Serving calories 165 % Daily Value * Total Fat 10 g 15 % Saturated Fat 8 g 38 % Monounsaturated Fat 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 3 mg 0 % Potassium 179 mg 5 % Total Carbohydrate 19 g 6 % Dietary Fiber 3 g 11 % Sugars 15 g Protein 2 g 3 % Vitamin A 1 % Vitamin C 19 % Calcium 1 % Iron 4 %
        1. Your welcome. I'm loving My Fitness Pal. They make it so easy to plug in a recipe by coping over the web link and it imports it from the page. It works very well for anyone interested.
  3. Melissa, can't wait to try these bars (Lara are my favorite). Could I get the weight or a cup measurement on the dates please. On my way to Natural Grocers for the pineapple. Thanks for the recipe!
  4. Can't wait to try these! Would fresh pineapple work? I have the same problem as someone else mentioned with finding dried fruit not sweetened with sugar.
  5. I've made these several times now and just wanted to thank you for posting such a great recipe! I've tried several different Larabar recipes and this one is a favorite in our family. I couldn't find unsweetened pineapple so I baked fresh pineapple at 300 for an hour and it worked great. I also had luck subbing dried unsweetened mango for the pineapple. I had a few extra minutes this morning so I toasted the coconut and cashews prior to adding which was also amazing :)
    1. That is so great to hear Crystal. Thanks for sharing the tip about the baked pineapple and mango too. :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *