I have a ton of recipes pinned to try on Pinterest. It had been awhile since I had tried a new one, so I plucked this up and tried it. This lovely salad comes from Zizi’s Adventures. She has a beautiful blog full of yummy recipes like this one. It looked so good I had to try it. It tasted AMAZING! We actually made it twice since the first batch disappeared quickly. I tripled the recipe and changed a few things the second time around.
This recipe has all my favorite ingredients. In my world, avocados make everything better. The original recipe called to cook the greens and garlic, but I like them raw better so that is how I did mine.
Wild Rice, Spinach and Avocado Salad with Sesame Dressing
Serves 5 - 6 servings
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 4-5 big bunches of baby spinach chopped (you can do kale as well)
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice (cooked)
- 3 avocados sliced
- 2 cups or 1 can white beans (soak overnight and then cook until soft)
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced or 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 6 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 3 T soy sauce or bragg’s aminos
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the rice and let cool. I actually did this the day before. Same with the beans if using dried beans.
- In a large bowl, add rice, beans, avocado, garlic and spinach and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour dressing in the large bowl and mix well until everything is combined.
I found the best way to do this was with my hands. This dish is best eaten fresh, but will still be delicious the next day. I makes about 5-6 servings. Enjoy!
Adapted from Zizi's Adventures