Almond Butter Protein Bars. Have I told you how much I love almond butter? I eat it almost daily. One of my favorite healthy sweet snacks is a date stuffed with almond butter.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you really should. Totally curbs a sweet tooth! So I created these almond butter protein bars with that snack in mind.
These would be a great pre/post workout snack. Most of the protein shakes on the market are full of unwanted ingredients or too much processed sugar.
Why not try these instead? They are filled with wholesome ingredients. They can be made in minutes and you could enjoy one with my Energizing Green Juice.
To watch a video of just how easy this is to make on your own, watch me below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Almond Butter Protein Bars
Yields 10 bars
20 minPrep Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- In the food processor or Vitamix, grind the oats into a course consistency.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- From here, you can roll them into balls or make them into bars like I did. I used an 8 x 8 pan, but I think a slightly smaller pan would work better. If you use a pan, line it with parchment leaving enough room to come out the sides. That way they will be easy to pull out and cut.
- I used a pizza cutter to cut mine.
- Let them chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour. That’s it. I cut mine into squares and got about 10 in my batch. Enjoy!