I have said this before, but growing up with a German mother meant we ate a lot of Nutella. I loved it as a child. Now I know that store bought Nutella is very unhealthy. So I have created my own Healthy Homemade Nutella. I have used it in many dishes on this blog. Now it is time for a Raspberry Nutella Tart.
We all need to enjoy a tart every once and a while. I love them and they are perfect for summer. There is no cooking involved! These are completely raw. They are also vegan, grain free and gluten free! If you feel compelled to cook the crust, you can. You just don’t need to. These are very easy to make even though they look kind of fancy.
Raspberry Nutella Tarts
Yields 5 tarts
30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 8-9 medjool dates pitted
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 4 T maple syrup
- 4 T cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries or strawberries
- In a food processor , grind up the almonds until they are a course consistency.
- Once they are ground, add in the dates and water until the dough comes together. If you are not using a high powered food processor , you might want to soak the dates for 5 minutes in water to soften them.
- Grease your tart pan or mini tart pan s and then press the dough into the pan and up the sides. The dough will be sticky and I find that working with wet hands helps.
- Once the dough is set into all the tarts, place them in the fridge to firm up. About 30 minutes.
- While the tarts are setting up, you can make the filling. In the food processor , grind up the hazelnuts into as fine of a powder you can get them.
- Once they are ground, add in the remaining ingredients. If the mixture seems too thick, you can always add a bit more milk.
- Once the crusts are set, spoon the filling into each one and top with the fruit.