Homemade waffles are a staple at our house. My kids love them. I always make a big batch and freeze them. That way, they are really no different than the frozen waffles in a box. They are different in one way. My homemade waffles contain no refined sugars, no refined flours and no other strange ingredients. These Mixed Berry Waffles are perfect for spring. My kids just love fresh berries, so I knew these would be a hit. I was excited to test out my new waffle maker too. I was happy that it could make 2 waffles at at time!
These mixed berry waffles are gluten free and vegan. 🙂 My kids just loved them and I hope you do as well.
Mixed Berry Waffles
A healthy, make ahead breakfast your kids will love!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax eggs )
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Turn your waffle maker on.
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet.
- Add wet to dry and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the berries.
- Cook the waffles according to your waffle maker's instructions. You most likely need to grease the waffle maker before making each waffle.
- You can serve immediately or freeze for later.
These waffles should last a week in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. When storing, place a sheet of parchment in between each waffle so they don't stick together. Enjoy!