Who doesn’t love an egg roll? I can never find egg roll wrappers that don’t contain egg so I made this Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl. It tastes exactly like the filling found in those delectable egg rolls, but without the fried wrappers! I know typically egg rolls have added meat, so I added the sliced portoblello mushrooms to provide a meaty texture in place of the meat.
This healthy dish is vegan, gluten free and paleo. You can whip it up so fast too. From start to finish it’s less than 20 minutes! We filmed a short video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube channel.
Vegan Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl
All the goodness from the inside of the egg roll, but without the fried wrappers! Vegan, gluten free and paleo.
- 1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 T coconut aminos
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- Salt (if needed)
- 1/4 cup green onions (optional for garnish)
- In a large saute pan, on medium heat, add the onion and toasted sesame oil. Cover and cook for a couple minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover and cook for about 7-10 minutes, making sure to stir at least once.
- Taste. If it needs salt, you can add it now.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds and green onions as garnish if you like.
This should last at least 5 days in the fridge. I haven't tried freezing it. Enjoy!