I have just one thing to say. Peanut butter cups for breakfast. In the form of granola of course! I just love homemade granola. I have many homemade granola recipes on my blog. This Peanut Butter Cup Granola makes you feel like you are having a special treat for breakfast. After all, peanut butter and chocolate were made for each other.
I was a huge fan of the Reese’s peanut butter cups. Let’s be honest though. They are filled with chemicals and additives and probably not much real peanut butter or chocolate. So I tried to create a dish that resembles that naughty taste, without the guilt. What better time than breakfast to eat chocolate and peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Cup Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (for a peanut free option, click here.)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 T milk (I used almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the peanut butter, milk, maple syrup and applesauce on med. heat until the peanut butter has melted.
- Add the wet to dry.
- Spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Pull the baking sheet out and move the granola around a bit.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with milk or sprinkle over plain yogurt. If you are feeling extra feisty, you can sprinkle a few chocolate chips in.
What are some of your other guilty candy pleasures?