Healthy Cranberry Sauce. Usually when I think of cranberry sauce, I think of the high sugar, gelatinous brand that comes in the can.
This homemade cranberry sauce is as far from that as it can get. This healthy cranberry sauce recipe contains no refined sugars. I love the tarty and tangy taste and I hope you will too.
This cranberry sauce recipe contains no processed sugars. It’s also vegan and gluten free. Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be frozen.
So you could make a large batch in the winter when cranberries are in season. Then if you get a craving for some cranberry sauce in the summer, you can have it! I hope you enjoy.
Healthy Cranberry Sauce
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 package cranberries
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 T pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 – 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 T maple syrup
- In a magic bullet , blend the pineapple and 1 T pineapple juice until it becomes pureed.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the orange juice, pureed pineapple mixture, orange zest and maple syrup.
- Add the cranberries after a few minutes.
- Cook until the cranberries pop and breakdown. (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. The mixture will thicken while it stands. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Enjoy!
Refer to the images above to see the process of making them.