I know that Thanksgiving has not officially happened yet, but let’s move on to some Christmas food! One of the first flavors I think of is gingerbread. I bring you, Gingerbread Granola!
The stores don’t waste any time pushing the holidays out. I think that I saw the Christmas decorations coming out at Target the day after Halloween. This granola is so good. Even as I type, I am munching it. This dish would be a great thing to serve on Christmas morning. My whole house smells like a Yankee Candle now, bringing back memories. It’s funny how just a smell or a song can transplant you back in time.
What foods remind you of Christmas?
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup + 1 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 3 T unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla beanor or extract
- 1 T ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet to dry making sure all the dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Place onto lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes, stopping to shake the pans halfway through. Enjoy!