Of all the different cuisines out there, I would have to say Asian cuisine is my favorite. This peanut noodle stir fry dish is another one of my husband’s creations and his favorite Asian stir fry of the blog as well. Both of us love pad thai, so this dish is a spin on those Thai flavors we love so much. It just seems as if every time we make this, we can’t eat it enough. The sauce leaves you wanting more, and the vegetables all compliment each other nicely. Any vegetable combos work with this too, so you can customize the recipe to suit your needs.
For another Asian style recipe click here
You can see my husband and daughter making this recipe in this video.
Peanut Noodle Stir Fry
Yields 4-5 servings
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pkg rice noodles
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup organic soy sauce or bragg's aminos
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pkg of firm tofu cubed (optional)
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, orange juice, soy sauce and red pepper flakes to set aside for later.
- In a large skillet pan, saute the carrots, mushrooms, celery, broccoli and onions for about 5-7 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the sauce from above and saute for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the noodles and stir.
- Saute until everything is nicely incorporated and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.