Cabbage Peanut Stir Fry. Stir fries are a great way to use up an extra vegetables you have in the fridge. That is exactly what I was doing when I came up with this stir fry recipe.
Sometimes you really don’t even need a recipe. Just throw a bunch of stuff together and viola! Instant meal.
Often times with something delicious and easy. That was the case with this healthy stir stir fry recipe. This recipe will become a staple in our meal rotation.
If you wanted to add more protein to this recipe, you can add baked tofu. To bake the tofu, I cut it into cubes and bake in the oven at 350. It usually cooks in 30-35 minutes.
This dish was inspired by my Peanut Noodle Stir Fry.
Cabbage Peanut Stir Fry
- 1 head cabbage sliced thin
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper sliced thin
- 1 green pepper sliced thin
- 4 carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice not from concentrate
- 1/4 cup organic soy sauce or bragg’s aminos
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- In a large pan, throw the cabbage, peppers, carrots and oil and cook on medium covered until some of the cabbage cooks down. It will seem like a lot, but I promise it will cook down a bit.
- Stir the vegetables frequently.
- While the veggies are cooking, in a large mixing cup, add the peanut butter, soy sauce and orange juice.
- Once the veggies have softened a bit, add the sauce and cook a bit longer until everything is combined.