I just love soups. If you have been reading this blog for awhile now, then I am sure you have realized that. This minestrone soup is my latest recipe. I created a post recently including 6 Healthy and Filling Soups. I will probably have to add this minestrone soup in as well.
This minestrone soup is hearty and filling and it was perfect for the chilly day we had here in Texas yesterday. Soups are great because they always make a ton for very little cost. They also freeze very well.
20 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes or 3.5 cups homemade diced tomatoes
- 4 stalks celery chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1.5 cups green beans chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 1/2 T fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano (I used dried)
- 2 cups pasta (I used quinoa pasta )
- In a food processor , chop the carrots, onion and celery fine.
- Throw that mixture and all the other ingredients except the pasta in the crock pot .
- Cook on high for the first hour, then turn to low and cook for a few more hours.
- Add the pasta in for the last 20 minutes of cooking and test a piece before you turn the crock pot off.
We got about 6 good size servings out of this recipe.