I love Beer Bread. I made it with white whole wheat flour. When I was writing my post about flours, I learned that there is such a thing as white whole wheat flour.
I always thought if a flour had the word white in front of it, that it was highly refined. Not the case with white whole wheat. It is a whole grain from a different kind of wheat.
So I bought a bag last weekend. First, I made my Pumpkin Spiced Waffles with it. They came out light and fluffy, much different than when I bake with whole wheat flour.
Then, I thought it would be great to make a bread with. So I decided on beer bread.
My first batch of beer bread did not come out well at all. I cooked it to long and the taste was off. So this is my second attempt and it came out great.
This bread is so easy to make. There is not much kneading involved at all really. I didn’t let my dough rise either. It has a great taste and can be used as a burger bun or eaten with soup or chili.
This beer bread is:
- simple to make
10 minPrep Time
27 minCook Time
37 minTotal Time
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer (I used Leinenliugel’s wheat)
- 3 cups of flour (I used white whole wheat ) Spelt flour would work as well.
- 1/4 cup raw honey melted
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix everything in one bowl.
- Using your hands, gather the dough into a ball and knead for just about a minute.
- Spoon dough into a greased mini loaf pan or bread pan. I used a mini loaf pan .
- If you use a bread pan, you may have to up the cooking time a bit. Bake in the oven for 23-27 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.