I am a fan of all things oats. Loaded with protein and fiber, but relatively low in calories. The high amount of fiber keeps you with a full feeling for a long time afterward. Something that boxed cereal could never do. I often have homemade granola for breakfast. This is so easy, I wonder why I didn’t try it sooner!
I initially saw a recipe on Food Babe’s blog called, The Perfect Parfait. Her recipe inspired me to try it. So good! I love how this recipe is very adaptable. You can really add whatever you like and change it up daily so you never get bored. I used a recycled pickle jar to hold my oats, but a mason jar would work well too. This is great for those mornings that you really have to rush.
Overnight Oats in a Jar
- 1/4 cup oat groats (soaked them for at least 4 hours prior to using)
- 1/4 cup steel cut or rolled oats
- 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/2 -1 cup milk (I used oat milk)
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- Rinse your groats beforehand. Throw everything in the jar the night before. If you like things a little sweet, you could throw in some chopped dates or raisins.
- Store in the fridge overnight. Just pull out and eat in the morning. Easy as that. This will be a breakfast I will have at least twice a week. I love it and I hope you will too.