I have been trying to come up with more crock pot recipes lately. This crock pot spaghetti recipe was actually my husband’s idea. I love this crock pot spaghetti because it is a one pot meal making cleanup a snap. Not to mention it’s super easy! Slow cooking this allows for more of the flavors to develop as well.
This is an inexpensive meal that is very filling and makes a a lot. I kept mine gluten free by using brown rice spaghetti, but you can use any pasta you like.
UPDATE: After some feedback, I have altered this recipe a bit. It now calls to add the spaghetti when there is only 20 minutes left in the cooking process.
Crock Pot Spaghetti & Vegetables
A super easy one pot meal!
- 1/2 package pasta (I used brown rice spaghetti)
- 2 cups water
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 5-7 mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes or 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley chopped
- salt to taste
- Put everything except the basil and parsley and pasta in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 1/2 an hour.
- Then turn to high for another 1 1/2 hours or until the onions start to soften.
- Add in the pasta when there is about 20 minutes of cooking time left.
- Add the basil and parsley about 5 minutes before the spaghetti is done.
If the sauce seems a little thin to you, you can add some arrowroot or non GMO cornstarch to thicken it up. This meal should keep in the fridge for a week.