I just love cold salads in the summer. Here is Texas, it’s in the 100’s and way too hot to cook. Salads are so easy to throw together and don’t cost a lot to make. You can find many of my salad recipes in this post. So I was looking for recipes on Pinterest when I came upon The Clever Carrot’s Bean Salad. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you should. Her recipes are great and her photos are stunning. I LOVED this so much, that I wanted to share it with all of you.
I am more of a baker than a cook, so I often look on Pinterest for things to make during the week. This salad was so good, I wished I had made a double batch. I made a few alterations to use what I had on hand.
Honey Balsamic 3 Bean Salad
Honey Balsamic Bean Salad
- 4 cups or 2 cans of chickpeas
- 4 cups or 2 cans of black beans
- 2 cups green beans halved
- 1 cup red bell peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced
- 2 T chives finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drain and rinse beans if using cans.
- Add all the ingredients in one large bowl.
- Add the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and mix well.
Adapted from The Clever Carrot
This makes about 4 servings. It should last about 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
29 thoughts to “Honey Balsamic Bean Salad”