The holidays are here and everyone has cookies on the brain. On Facebook, I recently asked what kind of cookie recipes you would like to see. Many of you requested thumbprints. Gluten free thumbprints to be exact. Well I hope you enjoy this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Thumbprints. My husband said that these were the most delicious cookies I have made in a while. Of course he is a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter! You can also make this recipe using almond butter or sunflower butter for a nut free option.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Thumbprints
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside .
- In a saucepan , on medium heat, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, applesauce, coconut oil and milk.
- Stir until well combined
- Add peanut butter mixture to a mixing bowl .
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients while mixing. You may need to add bit more milk if the dough looks dry.
- Roll dough into balls and place them onto a lined baking sheet .
- Using your palm, press each cookie flat.
- Using your thumb, press a little hole in the center of each cookie.
- Cut chocolate bar into small squares and press a piece of chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
Store cookies in the fridge so they last longer. They can also be frozen.