Are you in full indulgence mode now? If so, you will LOVE these Salted Caramel Gooey Bars. They have a soft, buttery crust with a salted caramel filling. So gooey that you may need to eat these bars with a fork. I love all things salted caramel, don’t you? If you need more dessert ideas, you can check out these healthy desserts with 5 ingredients or less.
They are seriously worth the last minute indulgence for 2016. You will definitely go out with a bang. 🙂 These bars are gluten free, vegan and paleo. They would be absolutely amazing if you top them with coconut whip cream. Heading off to try that now! 🙂
Salted Caramel Gooey Bars
Yields 8 -12 bars
A buttery bar with a gooey salted caramel filling. You have GOT to try this decadent bar recipe! Vegan, gluten free and paleo!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 10-12 Medjool dates , soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 2 T almond butter
- 1-2 T water
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut butter , softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg (real egg works well too)
- 1 T almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates and add them to a blender with the almond butter. Blend for a minute. If the mixture is not smooth enough, add a few tablespoons of water. Once the mixture has reached a desired caramel-like consistency, add the sea salt, mix and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl , add the almond flour and baking powder. Mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl , add the softened coconut butter and maple syrup. Cream together for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the flax egg and vanilla and mix.
- Lastly, add the dry mixture to the wet and blend until the batter comes together. If the batter looks a little dry, you can add 1 T of almond milk.
- Line an baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon 1/2 the bar mixture into the baking sheet and press flat.
- Spread the caramel mixture on top of that layer.
- Add the remaining bar mixture over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let completely cool before trying to cut into bars. Keep this stored in the fridge. Enjoy!!
This bar is on the softer side and best eaten with a fork. It would be delicious with ice cream!