My husband is a huge chocolate lover. I am more a vanilla kind of girl, but he needs a little chocolate every day. So I made these gluten free mint chocolate chunk cookies just for him. He took them to his work and everyone liked them. They had no idea these mint chocolate chunk cookies they were eating were a vegan and gluten free treat.
These little mint chocolate bites of heaven would be perfect for a Christmas party, cookie exchange, or just to nibble on.
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Decadent Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies perfect for the holidays!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour ( GF all purpose may work as well)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder ( cocoa powder would work as well)
- 1/2 cup sucanat ( coconut sugar would also work)
- 1 dark chocolate bar (I used Endangered Species 3.5 oz brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements)
- 2 T almond milk
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate, coconut oil and milk on med-low heat.
- Once they are melted together, add them to a bowl with the dry ingredients and mix.
- Lastly, add the eggs and mix until combined.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, fold them in the batter at the end.
- Form cookies into balls, place them on a lined baking sheet and press them down with your palm.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.