Vegan Alfredo Zucchini Pasta. I know I have said on more than one occasion how much I love my spiralizer.
I love being about to make low carb versions of pasta dishes. My kids also love their carrot ribbons. Something about the shape of a veggie makes it more appealing?
At least with my kiddos. I have already come up with my Avocado Pesto Zucchini Pasta and this Alfredo Zucchini Pasta is my latest creation.
This is not only low carb, but gluten free, dairy free and vegan as well!
The sauce contains a secret ingredient that gives it a creamy texture. I was amazed at how good it tasted!
You can see how easy it is to use a spiralizer by watching this short video. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Vegan Alfredo Zucchini Pasta
Alfredo Zucchini Pasta
An easy, low carb meal you will love!
For the pasta
- 2 zucchinis (ends removed) cut in spirals
For the sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic minced (We like it strong. If you don't, use 2 cloves)
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 2 T onion diced
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam until soft.
- Using a spiralizer, madoline or peeler, cut the zucchini into ribbons.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, using a food processor or blender , blend it and the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Pour over the zucchini pasta and serve immediately.
- If you plan on eating it later, keep the zucchini and sauce separate until you are ready to serve.
The recipe for the sauce makes more than you need for the pasta. You can either add an extra zucchini, or just save the extra sauce for later use. The sauce can be frozen as well. Nutritional yeast is very different than bread yeast. It adds a nutty and cheesy flavor. Nutritional yeast is also a great source of fiber and B vitamins. If you eat cheese, feel free to sub the nutritional yeast for cheese instead.