Sometimes in the late afternoons, I get an urge to snack. Roasted chickpeas are a great, healthy snack alternative. They can be done sweet or savory. I made a sweet version with my Maple Cinnamon Chickpeas. This is a savory option.
I am warning you, these are highly addictive! They are very easy to make. If you don’t eat them all at once, you can store them in a container with rice scattered at the bottom. The rice will help absorb the moisture and keep them crispy. In addition to the spices I list, you can also add a pinch of cayenne if you like some extra heat.
For a sweet version of roasted chickpeas, check out this video.
Smokey Roasted Chickpeas
Serves 4 servings
10 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 cups or 1 can chickpeas (If using dried beans, the measurement is after soaking and softening.)
- 1 T coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients.
- Make sure all beans are coated well with spice.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper .
- Bake for about 40-60 minutes, stopping to shake the pan every 15 minutes.
- Wait until beans are completely cooled before storing.
I store mine on the counter in a glass mason jar . This makes about 4 servings. Enjoy!