Summer Salad with Chickpeas. I am a huge fan of salads. I like all kinds of salads. Salad recipes are great in the warmer weather since you don’t have to worry about heating up your kitchen.
Salad recipes are also usually very budget friendly, not to mention super healthy! I hope you enjoy this healthy summer salad with chickpeas, basil and tomatoes as much as I did!
If you enjoy salads as well, you should check out this post of 12 Quick and Easy Salad Ideas.
My basil plant has been growing out of control, so I knew I needed to come up with a few recipes to use it in. Seriously, if you don’t grow your own herbs, you should! It will save you tons of money and they grow well indoors too!
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Black Bean and Spinach Salad
- Carrot Ginger Detox Salad
- Curry Chickpea Cous Cous Salad
- Cucumber Salad with Chickpeas
- Kale Apple Salad
Want to make this recipe? Watch the video below. For more videos, you can subscribe to my You Tube Channel.
Summer Salad with Chickpeas
Summer Salad with Chickpeas, Basil and Tomato
An easy and flavorful salad!
- 2 cups, or 1 can chick peas (If using canned, drain and rinse)
- 2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can marinate.
- This salad should keep for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!
16 thoughts to “Summer Salad with Chickpeas, Basil and Tomato”