If you have been following this blog a while, you have probably heard me mention that my mother in law is from Turkey. I have several of her recipes on my blog including my super easy bean salad and my red lentil soup. Tabouleh salad is another thing she makes often. Tradtionally, tabouleh salad recipes are made with bulgur. Bulgur is not gluten free though. I wanted to keep my tabouleh salad gluten free, so I used quinoa instead.
This tabouleh salad is super simple to make and it will keep you full for a long time. This tabouleh salad recipe is also very adaptable to add in whatever other veggies you may like. You can eat this on it’s own, or mix in a wrap with some greens and hummus. Yum!
Yields 3-4 servings
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large bunch parsley chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T pomegranate molasses
- sea salt to taste
- In a small saucepan , combine the quinoa and water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed. It usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once the quinoa is cooled, add it and the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
This quinoa tabouleh should last in the fridge for at least a week. Enjoy!