I just love homemade veggie burgers. The reason homemade veggie burgers are so great is because you can control the ingredients. I have several veggie burger recipes on my blog already. These roasted garlic hummus veggie burgers are my latest creation. Yes I made burgers with hummus. It’s a super easy recipe!
Pacific Foods recently sent me some samples of their new shelf stable hummus and I knew I wanted to make a veggie burger recipe with one of the flavors. I used the roasted garlic hummus in this veggie burger recipe. It is so yummy! You may have heard me talk about Pacific Foods in my post about vegetable broth.
I do make my own hummus as well, but these shelf stable hummus packs are great for when you are on the go. It could be a snack after sports, or at the beach or on a picnic. I love that this hummus contains simple ingredients you would use in your own kitchen. No funny stuff. It comes in 3 delicious flavors. Classic, roasted garlic, and roasted red pepper. The reason I wanted to make a veggie burger with the hummus, is because I wanted to show you that hummus can be so much more than a spread. It added great flavor to these veggie burgers.
Yields 5 burgers
Homemade veggie burger that is easy and tasty!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked red lentils
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup Pacific Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 T water
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the nuts onto a lined baking sheet and toast for 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor , combine the cooked lentils and the toasted nuts and blend for a minute.
- Add in the humus, sea salt, flax eggs and water and continue to blend until everything is mixed well.
- Form into patties and place on a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing and storing the burgers.
Store these burgers in an air tight container in the fridge. They should last a week. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
I have good news for all of you as well! Pacific Foods is going to give away a sample pack of their hummus to one lucky reader. Just enter via the Rafflecopter widget below. Open to US residents only. Good luck!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Pacific Foods, but opinions are all my own.