Homemade granola bars was one of the first recipes I tried to make from scratch. I started with my peanut butter granola bars. Once I realized how easy homemade granola bars were to make, I felt silly buying them pre-made bars. This new granola bar recipe is just as easy!
My granola bars are chewy. I bet if you liked them a little crispier, you can turn down the oven temp and cook them a little longer. I thought they were great just the way they were. These granola bars are also vegan and gluten free. Perfect to take to work or on the go.
Homemade Granola Bars
Yields 8 bars
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 T hemp hearts
- 2 T pepitas
- 2 T cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a bit of paper sticking out the sides.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Use the extra sides of parchment paper to press the mixture down firmly to ensure the bars hold together.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the pan completely cool before cutting and removing from the baking dish.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also freeze them for longer storage.