I have been on a huge sun dried tomato kick lately. This sun dried tomato hummus recipe is one of my favorite things lately. I have made it a couple times and I thought I would share it with all of you. Regular hummus can get a bit boring. So sometimes you have to mix it up a bit. If you like hummus, you may also like my Roasted Jalapeno Hummus.
This homemade hummus is so easy to make and tastes way better than any store bought brands. Hummus is also naturally vegan and gluten free. 🙂
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
Yields 2 cups hummus
Homemade hummus is so easy to make!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- water if needed
- Soak the sun dried tomaotes in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor , pulse the chickpeas a couple times to get them started.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add in some water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Keep this hummus in an air tight container in the fridge. It should last at least a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!