I have been on a major sun dried tomato kick lately. This recipe for quinoa, kale and sun dried tomatoes is my latest creation. This quinoa, kale and sun dried tomato recipe is very easy to make too! You can never have too many quinoa recipes right? Especially when they are healthy quinoa recipes. 🙂
I often will make a large batch of quinoa at one time. Then I stick half in the fridge and half in the freezer. That way, I always have some on hand to add to meals. My husband has been trying to eat less and less grains, so we have been eating a lot more quinoa than rice these days. I hope you enjoy quinoa, kale and sun dried tomatoes recipe. One more thing. Have you ever tried massaged kale? OMG it is life changing! I always though kale was gross until I learned to massage it. I made this short video with my daughter to show you how.
You can definitely use massaged kale in this recipe instead of baby kale. Either way would be great.
Quinoa, Kale and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Yields 4 servings
An healthy meal that is packed with flavor!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 button mushrooms diced
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 big handfuls of baby kale
- 2 T olive oil
- 2-3 T balsamic vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Place the sun dried tomatoes in a bowl with enough water to cover them. Let them soak for 30 minutes.
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Then add the mushrooms, zucchini, quinoa, sun dried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Cover and let cook another 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Lastly, add in the baby kale and let cook another couple minutes. Just enough to wilt the kale.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
This dish should last at least 4 days in the fridge. You may even be able to freeze it. I haven't tried to say for sure. Enjoy!