I run a healthy living group on Facebook. The other day there was a discussion about some Quinoa Spinach Patties from Costco. They sounded amazing, but the ingredients were less than desirable. So I decided to attempt a homemade version of Quinoa Spinach Patties based on the ingredient list. They came out delicious! This recipe is very easy to make too.
You can eat these Quinoa Spinach Patties on a bun like you would a veggie burger. Or you can serve them as is with a side of veggies. I topped mine with a little avocado and ate them with some roasted vegetables. I am not a big bread fan, so I preferred them without the bun. These patties would also be good on top of a salad or in a lettuce wrap. So yum! These quinoa patties are vegan and gluten free.
Quinoa Spinach Patties
Yields 12 patties
A simple and delicious meal that is ready in under 30 minutes!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , add the quinoa, onion and garlic. Pulse a few times to chop them up a bit.
- Then add the spinach and continue to pulse.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Form patties using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop and place on a lined baking sheet .
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. Flip them halfway through.
- Let the patties cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store these in the fridge in an airtight container. They should last a week.
- You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!