My kids love to get lunch at Whole Foods. Every time I go there, I always try something new. I tried the kale salad last time and loved it. It was slightly too sweet for me, so I immediately got the idea to make my own homemade Kale Apple Salad.
I used to have a really hard time eating raw kale. That is until I found out how to massage kale. It makes the kale so soft in texture and much easier to eat. It’s seriously life changing!!
This healthy salad is vegan and gluten free!
We filmed a short video for this recipe. You can view it below. For more videos, please subscribe to my YouTube channel.
Looking for more salad recipes?
- Buckwheat Avocado Summer Salad
- Corn Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Carrot Ginger Detox Salad
- Easy Tomato Summer Salad
- Edamame Black Eyed Pea Citrus Salad
- Healthy Texas Caviar
Kale Apple Salad
Kale Apple Salad
Kale Apple Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and chopped (I used curly kale)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (I used a honey crisp apple)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I used cranberries sweetened with fruit)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
For the dressing
- Juice from 2 small lemons
- 1-2 T maple syrup or raw honey
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop into bite sized pieces. Using your hands, massage the kale. See video above.
- In a large serving bowl , add all the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl , whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately or wait 30 minutes for the flavors to develop more in the fridge.
This should last 4-5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!