Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares. Rice crispy treats are one of those iconic recipes from childhood. Well, I just gave them a major upgrade with these easy Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares.
I love this recipe because it only contains simple ingredients. It also only takes a few minutes to prepare.
These delicious chocolate bars are vegan and gluten free. They can easily be made nut free by using sunflower butter in place of the cashew butter.
I used brown rice cereal in this recipe. Only ingredient is brown puffed rice. You should be able to find it at any health food store. I have also seen it at Target on occasion.
Chocolate Rice Crispy Squares
A healthier twist on the classic treat!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 T coconut oil
- 3 T maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice cripsy cereal
- In a large saucepan , on medium heat, cook the cashew butter, chocolate chips, coconut oil and maple syrup. Make sure you are stirring often until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth, stir in the crispy cereal and remove from heat. Mix so that all the cereal is coated.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the baking dish and press the mixture down firmly.
- Place in the fridge to set. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture has set, cut into bars and serve.
These bars should be kept in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!