I made you some Homemade Kale Chips! When I started to research healthy foods,over and over I read about the benefits of kale.
Kale packs more iron than beef, it’s loaded with antioxidants and vitamins K, C and A. Kale is available most of the year, although, it’s most in season during the fall months.
I had never tried it so I bought some on day. I first tried it raw and I admit I was not a fan. That is, until I discovered kale chips! Kale chips are so addicting.
This recipe is so versatile too. You can just add any flavors you like. I try to keep mine simple with just some olive oil, white balsamic and sea salt. They come out mildly sweet and crunchy.
Homemade Kale Chips
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- Kale rinsed and dried (I buy organic because kale tends to hold a lot of pesticide residue.)
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove kale from the stems and tear into bite size pieces.
- Save the stems for juicing .
- Lay them on a lined or greased baking sheet .
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar and salt.
- With a silicone brush , gently brush mixture onto the kale pieces.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until pieces become crispy.
They are so good, I eat the whole tray as soon as they come out! Enjoy!