I bought some hazelnuts the other day to make my No Bake Nutella Bites. I had quite a few left over, so I thought about making a Nutella granola. Yes! You can now have dessert for breakfast. This granola is vegan, soy free, dairy free and contains no refined sugars!
Vegan Nutella Granola
- 2 cups raw hazelnuts
- 3 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take 1 cup of the hazelnuts and grind them in the food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, the other cup of hazelnuts, oats, salt and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup, applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet to dry and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake for about 17 minutes.
- Pull out and shake the granola around and put back in the oven for another 15-17 minutes. An added bonus, your house will smell amazing!