You guys! These paleo pumpkin pie cupcakes are pretty bomb. It all started with this recipe. One of my readers asked me if I could do a healthier version.
Well I always love a challenge, and I have to say these paleo pumpkin pie cupcakes came out awesome. Unlike the original, mine have NO flour and NO refined sugars.
They are also dairy free, egg free and vegan. You can whip them up pretty fast!
You don’t even need a mixer to make the cupcakes. Just a food processor or blender will do. If you want to make the whipped topping, you will need a mixer.
It’s super easy to make though. If you love pumpkin, you may also like this post. I use bananas in the recipe, but I swear you can’t taste them with the pumpkin and spices.
At least I couldn’t. I was very surprised at how the texture of these cupcakes was very close the texture of actual pumpkin pie.
If you are a visual person, here is a video of how I make the coconut whip cream topping.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Yields 12 stanard sized cupcakes
The perfect bite of pumpkin pie without the guilt!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla beans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine all the cupcake ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Spoon the mixture into lined muffin pans . I used silicone liners for mine. They don't stick like paper liners can.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking. It should firm them up more.
- To make the whip topping, open up your can of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream. Scoop a little on top of each muffin. Enjoy!
Keep these stored in the fridge. I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture. Enjoy!
Please Note: The texture/taste may vary based on the pumpkin puree and ripeness of the banana. These have more of a pumpkin pie texture than a cupcake texture.