Holy moly these Pumpkin Raspberry Oat Bars are so good! The other day, I came across this recipe in the Facebook recipe group I run. The original recipe has much more oil than I typically use. It’s also not gluten free. So I made my Pumpkin Raspberry Oat Bars gluten free with 1/4 of the oil. I also changed a few other things. The recipe came out fabulous! You can custom create your own flavors by changing up the jam. I used some raspberry chia jam for my filling, but any jam would do well.
Once again this is a recipe I used sorghum flour in. I like it’s cakey texture and I thought oat flour with rolled oats might be too much oat flavor. Feel free to use gluten free oat flour if you like. I am sure it will work great too. These bars are gluten free and vegan. If you are not a fan of pumpkin, you could probably use sweet potato or butternut squash puree as well. Applesauce may be another option for you.
Pumpkin Raspberry Oat Bars
Yields 8 bars
Pumpkin Oat Crumb Bars with a layer of raspberry jam. Heavenly! A must try for pumpkin lovers!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour ( gluten free oat flour will work too)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or sub more pumpkin for oil free)
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/3 cup jam of choice (I used homemade chia jam )
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl , add the pumpkin, flax eggs, almond milk and oil. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. I did this by hand with a spatula.
- Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper leaving enough coming out the sides.
- Press 1/2 the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish .
- Spread the jam layer on top.
- Lastly, add the remaining crumb mixture to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the bars completely cool before removing them from the baking dish.
- I cut mine into bars with a pizza cutter .
Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. Enjoy!