Mexican Rice that is vegan and gluten free. My husband is the spicy food lover in this family. This Mexican Rice is his recipe. He made it the other day when he was trying to use up all the food in the fridge. That first time he didn’t measure anything.
It was so good that he had to re-create it with measurements so he could share it with all of you. Some of his other recipe creations are the Peanut Noodle Stir Fry and the Sweet Potato Chili. Also the Pumpkin Enchiladas. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
This recipe is easy to make. A dinner ready in under 30 minutes. Vegan and gluten free. I also think it would work well with quinoa.
Yields 4-5 servings
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 a yellow onion, diced
- 2 chili peppers, chopped
- 2 cups corn (we used fresh from the ears, but frozen will work too)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Saute peppers, onions, and garlic 3 to 5 minutes on medium high in a teaspoon of oil.
- As they begin to soften, add the tomatoes and beans and let simmer on medium low for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the spices and rice and reduce heat to low and let simmer for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
This should last a week in the fridge. Enjoy.