New pumpkin recipe for you. One can never have too many pumpkin recipes, right? This time I am sharing some Pumpkin Pecan Date Bars. I have been meaning to make pecan bars for some time now, and since pumpkin and pecan go so well together, I thought these were in order. I used my Pumpkin Raspberry Oat Bars as inspiration for these.
These healthy bars are vegan and gluten free. You can whip them up in no time at all.
Pumpkin Pecan Date Bars
- 10 Medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or sub more pumpkin for oil free)
- 2 T almond milk
- Drain the dates and add them to a food processor with the pecans and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl , add the pumpkin, flax eggs, almond milk and oil. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. I did this by hand with a spatula.
- Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper leaving enough coming out the sides.
- Press 1/2 the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the pecan/date mixture on the mixture
- Lastly, add the remaining crumb mixture to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the bars completely cool before removing them from the baking dish.
- I cut mine into bars with a pizza cutter.
- Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. Enjoy!