Pumpkin Chocolate Bars that are vegan, paleo and gluten free. My favorite time of year is here! Do you love fall too? Pumpkin on all the things!
I am starting with these delectable pumpkin bars. These healthy bars were inspired by this amazing recipe on Pinch of Yum.
As soon as I saw her recipe, I thought about making a pumpkin version. It came out great!
Another great thing about these bars is that they contain no re-fined sugars. They also require no cooking at all! Score!
These dessert bars are very rich and you only need a little bit to feel satisfied. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Spelt Pancakes
Pumpkin Chocolate Bars
Spicy pumpkin pecan crust with a layer of chocolate ganache in the middle!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- Pumpkin Bar:
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 10 Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch sea salt
- Chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil , melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, pumpkin and spices until you get a coarse ground consistency. Then add in the dates and blend a little more. You may need to add a tiny bit of water for the mixture to come together.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press 1/2 the pumpkin/pecan mixture into the pan and place it in the freezer.
- In a large bowl , mix all the ingredients for the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the first pumpkin layer. Freeze again for 5-10 minutes.
- Then press the remaining pumpkin mixture on top and place the whole thing back in the freezer for 30-35 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut into bars and serve. Enjoy!